The Carolina Pines Resort and Hotel opened in 1933, promising an idyllic and diversified recreational facility accessible to all members of society. The two-story Colonial Revival hotel stood on four hundred and fifty acres and included a variety of recreational accommodations: two eighteen-hole golf courses, a riding club, tennis courts, casino, outdoor theater, polo grounds, a fishery, camps, a pet farm, and a lake. In 1957, the Rho Chapter of the Delta Sigma Fraternity purchased the hotel and a little more than seven acres for use as their fraternity house. Only the hotel and stables, used as the fraternity clubhouse, are included in the seven acres.
Date: 1933, ca. 1950