This one-room frame building typifies late-eighteenth- and early-nineteenth-century office buildings. Two lawyers prominent in North Carolina politics shared the office: George Edmund Badger, a state legislator, judge, and secretary of the navy; and James Iredell Jr., a state legislator, governor, and U.S. senator. Originally located near the northwest corner of W. Edenton and N. Dawson Streets, the building was moved to Mordecai Historic Park in 1973.
Date: ca. 1810