The Anderson House is a Sears catalog home, built from the “Argyle” plan for a Craftsman-style gable-front bungalow. Sears, Roebuck & Company sold plans and even full build-it-yourself kits in the early twentieth century. A kit would include plans, instructions, and all the lumber and most other materials needed to erect a dwelling. At the Anderson House, the carved rafter tails, faceted beams, stuccoed gables, and massive stuccoed porch posts are hallmark details of the “Argyle” plan. The projecting gabled porch that extends beyond the east elevation is another clue. Speculative real estate developers C. E. Hornaday and H. F. Faucette built the house in 1923. John and Belle Anderson purchased it in 1924 and made it their home for 53 years. The small one-car garage at the top of the driveway may be a Sears plan or kit as well.